Monday, April 1, 2013

One Thousand Gifts Dare

In the past few (ok maybe more than that) months my blog has pretty much died. But here I am, hoping to resuscitate the poor thing. The reason for my disappearance is once again that I have a life and letting the world know of my going ons has ended up at the end of my to do list. I actually probably would not be writing this now if it were not for a book. A beautiful, thought-provoking book that goes by the title "One Thousand Gifts" and was written by Ann Voskamp. In this book she challenges us to truly understand the meaning of Gratitude and Worship. It most likely comes as no surprise that the way to grasp these concepts is to slow down. Live in the moment. Stop and smell the roses as the old saying goes. How is it possible to live a  worshipful, content life if we're always rushing through it? I suppose it can be done. Sort of, but not fully.  If you're wondering how to lessen the pace, the answer couldn't be easier. Always be looking for something for which you are grateful for, and once you think of or notice that thing, thank God for placing it in your life. Written down it sounds so simple, but of course in action it's trickier. To help us out, she has kindly written out a prompt for every day. For example, today's was 3 Things Round. That means that I tried to think of and kept an eye out for three round things that I'm thankful for. Easy, right? To make it even easier for whoever reads this, I'm going to post every days prompt on here. You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment