Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Life: 2013

The air conditioning is running, carpenter bees are buzzing, and the pool is open. Summer is officially here, and I can't help but feel that it will be one of the best yet. Last summer was good  but difficult. It was filled with uncertainty, hard decisions, and adjustments. I spent a lot of time wondering where I would be in 2013, and wishing I could somehow know. I had no clue what my future held, and I was scared. Scared of all the decisions that I needed to make, scared of college, scared of the unknown. I wish I could go back and tell that girl of Summer 2012 that it would be ok. Yeah, there have been some hard days but everything has worked out. So far college has been one of the best experiences of my life, and I wouldn't trade the lessons I have learned and the self-confidence I earned through these past seven months for anything. Right now I am in one of the happiest times of my life. Life is going well. I am surrounded by a ton of loving and supportive people, am teaching a children's church class, and have my college plans pretty settled. What more could I ask for?


1 comment:

  1. Love to hear your thoughts and I can definitely relate...the summer before I left for college, I was extremely nervous. But, the college experience was some of the best times of my life and I will always be glad I went. I was even more scared for my daughter when she left for college and all that worked out great for her- she even spent 5 months half way around the world studying in Austrailia! ...now I am excited for Matthew's senior year and I know next summer we will be preparing him to leave for school! it all goes by so fast so take a breathe and reel it all in before its gone! God Bless!~Lori G.

    ReplyDelete